TOR - Vietnam- Women's Rights in Digital Gig Economic Research- Catalystas Consulting
SEEKING SHORT TERM CONSULTANT TO WORK WITH OUR EPIC FEMINIST CONSULTING FIRM CATALYSTAS CONSULTING!
TERMS OF REFERENCE – Research on Gender and Gig Economy in Vietnam
Duration: June 27-July 27; 2.5 working days
Catalystas Consulting recently has been commissioned by a client to undertake a global study on women’s rights in the digital gig economy – specifically focusing on the use of digital platforms to gain work or sell products in the field of care work, and service work, and sex work industries. Our study will span across South East Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We currently are seeking a researcher to support our South East Asia team with specific support in our inquiry into the Vietnamese context. The research will constitute filling out a provided matrix for context, as well as undertaking actor mapping and (light) background research on to be specified organizations and actor types.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Research key gender and women’s rights issues within the gig economy in Vietnam.
- Identify key stakeholders working on women’s rights with respect to the digital /gig economy including those from civil society, feminist networks and at least one from worker organisations or trade unions.
- Organize an interview with one stakeholder, document and provide translation.
- Provide 1-2 page research documents on the key issues, platforms, players, and promising initiatives when it comes to decent-labor and women’s rights in the digital gig-economy.
- Complete the Country Matrix for Vietnam.
- Complete the Actor Map Matrix for the 7-15 key stakeholders.
- Provide translation and documentation for key-informant interviews.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Consultant is expected to provide 2.5 days for 450 sterling pounds to be paid out at the satisfactory completion of the deliverables
- extensive insights and knowledge of the Vietnamese Digital working environment
- fluency in Vietnamese, and a working knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of English.
- knowledge of (preferable access to) digital and women rights advocacy groups
- 2-5 years of research experience
- Own laptop, smartphone
- Time management skills
- Self organized
- Available to communicate effectively, responsively and regularly using whatsapp and slack communication channels with research projects.
HOW TO APPLY