Established in 2018, our hybrid collective was born stemming from a need for a gender lens in the field of international development and cooperation. The absence of gender sensitivity in activities and programs across business, development, government, and humanitarian sectors was continuous and detrimental, leading to unintended consequences, unsustainable changes, and insignificant impacts. Since beginning operations, our team has successfully supported numerous governments, NGOs, civil society organizations, and social sustainable enterprises in mainstreaming gender as a means of creating lasting transformation, meticulously evaluating existing programs and activities, and creatively innovating new solutions all over the globe.
What is Feminism to Catalystas?
- Our Feminism is gender sensitive, inclusive of men, and participatory
- Our Feminism recognizes inequities as structural
- Our Feminism is intersectional
- Our Feminism is transformative, not misandrous
- Our Feminism is built on the foundations of accountability in governance, environmental sustainability, open market economic progress, empowered civil societies, and technological innovation